14 Jun REOPENING AFTER COVID-19 PANDEMIC
REOPENING ON 1. JULY 2020
We are very happy to announce that our Camp will reopen on July 1st! Luckily we are seeing a favourable evolution of the Covid -19 pandemic recently. All over Europe, borders are reopening and restrictions are slowly lifted. So it is time to plan your next surf holidays! We can only imagine how excited you are to get into the ocean after weeks of confinement and restrictions. Of course, the virus has not disappeared and we still have to be careful. We are following government advice closely and will keep you updated on all recent changes and developments.
As Fuerteventura belongs to Spain, we had a very strict quarantine on the island. No surf, no walks, no outdoor sports during almost 2 months…But the good news is that Fuerteventura has never been a hotspot of the Covid-19 pandemic. We had very few cases and luckily no deaths. So it is safe to travel to Fuerteventura and you can enjoy relaxed holidays here this summer! Restaurants, bars and tourist activities are open and you won’t need to go into a quarantine upon arrival. Once the state of alarm is lifted on June 21, the 14-day quarantine will be lifted also. It might be necessary though to do a Covid-19 test upon arrival. We will keep you updated on this.
COVID – 19 CANCELLATION POLICY
Should you be unable to travel due to the Covid-19 pandemic, you get a :
- FREE CHANGE OF DATES – You can exchange your deposit for a voucher of the same value, valid for 18 months from the original booking. The request to change the dates must be made a minimum of 72 hours before the original arrival date.
- FULL REFUND for cancellations made at least 10 days prior to the original arrival date.
This cancellation policy applies for bookings made between the 15th of April 2020 and the 15th of July 2020.
REOPENING : SAFTEY & HYGIENE
Our surf courses start again daily from the 1rst of July and will meet all the prescribed measures by the national health authority! We are still waiting for official guidelines on some topics but we decided to set the following rules for our Camp for at least the month of July:
- We will limit the size of our surf groups to 5 (instead of 8) and ask guests to wear a mask in the surf van to get to the beach.
- Each visitor will receive one wetsuit to use during the whole stay. The wetsuit will get washed with special products after each use. At the end of the stay, the wetsuit will get washed once again with special products and we will hang it outside for at least 48 hours before it gets past to the next client.
- Shared rooms will be limited to maximum 4 instead of 6 people (prices stay the same). We also have private room/apartment options if you want to have total peace of mind.
- We have hand sanitizer in different places so that everyone can regularly disinfect their hands. Our staff will do the same.
As we mentioned, we are still waiting for more detailed instructions from the government but we can assure you that we will meet all requirements and put your health first.
Our team will make sure to create a fun & safe environment for your surf vacation! So let’s go to the beach and surf!! Just choose one of our SURF PACKAGES and join us in sunny Fuerteventura!
We hope to see you all soon!!
The Billabong Surf Camp Team